Sunday, April 09, 2006

~<< In Memoriam: Dwarka Bai >>~


I woke up this sad morning to a message from Bombay saying that Dwarki is no more. Dwarki was someone who brought me & my brother up but no one ever treated her or looked at her like a "Nanny". She was family & a second Grand Mother to me & she lived with us in our old house.She was not living with us from the last 10 yrs or so but she would drop by now & then, she loved my brother & I to bits.

She had been sick the last few years, more age related problems. I met her only 4-5 times in the last so many years mainly cause I was also not in India too much in the rescent years.Last I met her was just a few months before I came to Canada in January'06, & for some reason, I had this bad feeling I wont see her again so got this picture of us taken.

She was the last person still alive who I knew who's very sight could take me back in time to places and to the company of some very important people that are no longer there in my life. She was the last living link to many of my childood memories & loved ones.The last few times I met her, I would just be so overcome with emotion and pulled back into those memories that I could hardly even talk to her, would just sit there & look at her as she talked.

It pains me to think that though I so wanted to & was going to go visit her to say goodbye before I left for Canada, I was so absorbed in my own world ,with finishing my film ,getting my VISA ,preparing to leave the country & other such selfish things that I got caught up & could not make the "TIME" to go say a simple goodbye!...and now its a bit too late.Its a regret that I will carry for the rest of my life.
I hope she would forgive me for not letting her know what she meant to me & know that I will always carry her in my heart as a part of who I am,no matter where I go.

Rest In Peace Dwarki...You Will Be Missed Dearly.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't say anything yesterday but as you are probably aware, I didn't know what your entry said. My condolences, Kushal. There will always be regrets but I'm sure she knew how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear this news kushal... I remember you telling me about her.. and I know you cared for her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:10 PM

    I'm so sorry. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kush... take care of urself... i remember her too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:16 PM

    .. and you'll stil be left with the memories. Cherish them.

    Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:48 PM

    I dunt know u..but wat i do know is no one really ever dies u know. If you really care.. u can still be near them. U dunt have to carry the regret.

    I know it doesnt help..but just trust in the higher forces.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:56 AM

    I'm so sorry to hear that kushal. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but i want you to know that my thoughts are with you and we have to get together soon.
    love ya.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

    ReplyDelete