Thursday, May 25, 2006

First Flight & Moments

Hey Cameron,

I just wanna say, that i do understand that how this might be just a coincendence as most story themes are so universal.

Though that was on my mind while i was watching FF, its only after i read ur name in the credits that i thought "Moments" COULD have played a part in inspiring FF.

And then i read some articles on FF on AWN etc it said that it was pitched to execs in END of 2004 and Moments was screened for you in April 2004.
I was understandably surprised and a bit taken aback.

I wrote on my blog to put my thoughts out there...and you will see nowhere do I "ACCUSE" you or slander you...i am simply talking about what i saw and the similarities and coincendences associated with all this AND asking people for their opinions on both the films to know if people can even connect the two or not!!

Like you have too...i too have invested a lot of time and hard work in my film..and i have continued to work on it, make it bigger & better since April 2004 and its finally in post production now. So i just cannot "NOT care" about what i saw.It was and IS a valid concern from my point of view.

It was not my intent to come off as accusatory.I know how similar ideas and storytelling tools can be and i would respect a fellow film-maker enough to first approach you and ask you frankly before i maliciously accused you,if at all!

Again, i appreciate u leaving a message here and clearing this up and wish you all the best with "First Flight"!

Thanks
Kushal Ruia

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete